Thursday, April 30, 2009

my music album - part 1

Finally! After tons of sleepless nights and lazy days spent
over writing, arranging and recording, the songs are mixed. Phew! The last
stage was getting them mixed. Until I went for the mixing sessions, I
myself had little idea that the process is so taxing. But all the effort
was completely worth it! I would always wonder how Rahman comes up with
such a different feel to his music and the finish of that music is very
different from what other contemporary directors do. Also, I was puzzled
about how the songs transform from the time they are simply
recorded to the time they are mixed. The energy that Chirag and Parth
spent on finer details of the songs was phenomenal! The entire
process took us seven days altogether and it was done in Mumbai. Guess who
did this miracle for us? Ashish Manchanda. For those who are not aware, he
is the same wizard who mixed music for films like Krrish, Khosla ka Ghosla,
Oye lucky, luck oye and Dev D! You will hear two new voices in the album:
Prachi Shah, winner of the TataIndicom talent hunt in Mirchi Music awards
and Sonic Suthar, a young bubbling voice. Prachi has sung a duet and Sonic
has sung in a chorus number.


Moving on, I am not going to spoil the fun by revealing it
all here! Out of the beautiful assemblage of seven contemporay Gujarati
songs, I will tell you about three. The first is "Pari" which is very
special to me because I was initially skeptical if I could even sing it.
The song required a different tone, not the one that I talk on radio with.
I feel that challenge helped me explore my vocal abilities.


The second song is "Full-too masti" which is like an old
faded photo album, carefully preserving and reminding us of simple but
cheerful moments that we used to enjoy. It has a hint of nostalgia and
takes you back to the days when people found joys in small
things.


The last song I will tell you about for now is "Amdavad".
Yes! It is an exclusive rendition dedicated to the new-age Amdavad. It is
an evolved narration of the city and its new occupants, traffic, malls etc.
This song is a refreshing take which celebrates the identity of "aapnu
sheher-amdavad"


For now, this is it. I will keep all of you posted on what
happens. I am still looking for a nice title for my album. I have been
considering "Kaan-fusion" and "Full-too masti" but I woud love to have your
Mirchidaar suggestions!

5 comments:

Pranjal said...

Hey, Nice One!!

All da Best 4 ur Album ... Eagerly Waitin!!

Anonymous said...

dhwanit u were the best in speaking shloka in sanskrit in school time was ur fan for that..and i am really happy that u r coming up with gujarati album... remembering school days... all the best and wud love to hear u !!!

niyati said...

Well this is a different niyati - the one who just blabbered something about d rest of ur posts!

Well,
someone knows very well how to create that magnetism and allure. Dhvanit, ur voice does it all. And I better not forget to mention the efforts of the other two budding artists with you, who once again are pure geniuses!!
Hope the wait shall be over sooner!! Good luck and get going!!
Love,
niyati ;)

Unknown said...

Hey it really seems too exciting... Eagerly waiting for ue album.. I think kaan fusion title would suit ur album more...
Neways All The Best to U...

dhvanit said...

thank you pranjal, niyati 1, niyati 2, janki. i dint know the process for releasing the album after mixing and mastering would be so amazingly tiresome! need blessings...