Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Music Album

It has been the most joyful process in the recent times for me.

I alwayswanted to create a different sound for Gujarati Music...somethingcontemporary...out of the box.

Chirag writes amazing poetry. We have been working together since five anda half years now with Radio Mirchi. It was the World Gujarati ConferenceTheme Song, which we did in August 2008, gave both of us the confidencethat we must write and compose together.

I was looking for a music composer who would add a new, fresh, radicallydifferent sound to mine and Chirag's sense for music. I discoverd the musiccomposer for my album in Parth Thakker. He is just 19 and studies music inAhmedabad. He is just too good with his craft.I would call his work a musical meditation.

Our trio clicked!

We happened to create five songs. Recorded them. We thought five was tooless a number for a complete music album. We tried two more songs. We justfinished the last recording yesterday.

I realised it one more time in life....Happiness is not in the merepossession of money or power; it lies in the joy of creativity, in the thrill of creative effort.

There are a lot many processes that we will have to go through before therelease of the album. I am aiming at the 1st of May - Gujarat Day for therelease. Fingers crossed....

4 comments:

Snowbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snowbell said...

All the best for the release of the album....

niyati said...

Hey dhvanit..
Nice to find you on blogger.
Congratulations on the achievement!
Well, hats off to you for the creativity - All three of you same. Your voice is incredible; no two words about it!vWhen I used to listen to chirag every sunday on the ghazal program @ 10pm, he used to create an experience - a perfect shayari blending with the ghazal to come up - it was an elating one indeed ;) I'm sure Parth, too has done an excellent job!! Looking forward to listen to you people in the near future[through your album ofcourse!]. ;)
Keep the charm.

Love,
niyati

Unknown said...

hey dhvanit ur album is awesome and i like all d songs so best of luck keep it up wit gr8 album!